The time has come, and if that makes us happy, it makes us feel a bit of melancholy as well, thinking all the beautiful islands we visited the last 2-3 weeks in the Aegean Sea, like Antiparos, Ikaria (with the Quentin Tarantinos - like bars), Patmos, Kithira....
But yes we are back and on Tuesday, August 25, Baba Au Rum will open again its door (everyday from 11.00 morning till late night) to all you cocktail aficionados! Plus we celebrate our first- official cuisine- day, with a free buffet ! And of course more cocktails, rums like Zacapa, the only which its distillery (in Guatemala) does not face the Caribbean but the Pacific Sea, the ultra premium ''Bicentenario'' from Venezuela, aged cachacas from Brazil and rare sample malt whiskies!
DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE DID THAT SUMMER?
We listened beautiful music and drank some brilliant cocktails! And here are the Baba Au Rum's summer 2009...
...SONG TOP 10
1) JACKIE MITOO - SUMMER BREEZE
2) YO LA TENGO - BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU'VE GOT
3) PHYLLIS DILLON - THE LOVE THAT A WOMAN SHOULD GIVE TO A MAN
4) ROY AYERS - EVERYBODY LOVES THE SUNSHINE
5) WILSON DE NEVES - CALIFORNIA SOUL
6) STEREOLAB - RAINBOW CONVERSATION
7) A TRIBE CALLED QUEST - JAZZ(WE'VE GOT) AND BUGGIN' OUT
8) BILLIE HOLIDAY - DID I REMEMBER?
9) THE JAM - START
10) BELLE & SEBASTIAN - SONG FOR SUNSHINE
And here are the Baba Au Rum's summer 2009...
COCKTAIL TOP 7!
1) TRADER VIC'S ORIGINAL MAI TAI - 1934 recipe (rum based)
2) ZOMBIE!!! (rum based)
3) TOMMY'S MARGARITA (100% de Agave Tequila)
4) SPICY BABA (rum based)
5) BRAMBLE (gin based)
6) BRANDY CRUSTA (Brandy based)
7) YOUR MAN IN HABANA (rum based)